Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Can I Be Honest?

Sometimes I get jealous.

...of those that seem to have the perfect life.
...of those friends that travel to exotic places.
...of those that have time to go to the gym.
...of those that go to the spa weekly.
...of those that live in 3,000 square foot homes with vacation homes bigger than our house.
...of those that don't need to get into the office at 7:30 and sit through meetings about meetings.
...of those that have best friends.
...of those that don't volunteer.
...of best selling writers.
...of those photographers that spend days doing what they love.

Most times I don't:

...no one's life is perfect.  It may seem so on the outside, but I guarantee, they are looking for matching socks, picking up dog crap, and struggle to figure out what to make for dinner.
...although I'd love to go to Italy, or Hawaii, or Ireland, or Alaska, I'm happy with our simpler weekends away.
...sometimes it's ok to walk around the block, lost in your own thoughts.
...ok, this would be nice, but spending $200 on a facial seems like a waste to me.
...bigger house, means more crap.  We have enough crap.
...yeah, this one does stink.  It's a necessity.  I would rather work from home in my jammies though.
...yes, I have the one I married.  Best girlfriends are hard to find.  Thankfully I have some that are close enough.
...the last 10 years have been filled with volunteer duties.  I loved it.  But once graduation was finished, I realized I'm over it.  I've been told to run, as fast as I can, away from it.
...someday.
...ditto.




No comments:

Post a Comment