Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'm Just A Mom

Is there such a thing as being just a mom?

I won't take all the credit for raising our boys.  I couldn't have done it without the help of my husband, in laws, my parents, family and the rest of the 'village' that it takes to raise children.

I, however, am just a mom.

I'm the one that didn't think I'd ever go into labor with either child.
I'm the taker of bad dreams. 
I'm the kisser of boo boo's.
I'm the authority on homework.
I'm the doer of laundry.
I'm the grocery shopper.
I'm the maker of meals.
I'm the editor of papers.
I'm the advice giver.
I'm the one that needs to watch her language.
I'm the one that laughs at all jokes, even if some I don't understand.
I'm the shoulder to cry on.
I'm the one behind the camera trying like might to get them to smile.
I'm the organizer of schedules.
I'm the stalker online.
I'm the one that gets texts at midnight, and 5 am.
I'm the one that needs an I love you before bed and a hug and kiss when they leave.
I'm the stern voice at the dinner table when things get out of hand.
I'm the one that feeds friends.
I'm the one that remembers birthday's and anniversaries.
I'm the one that volunteers (the family).
I'm the fielder of "ask your mom" questions.
I'm the one that caves when badgered...and they know it.
I'm the one that cries looking at old pictures.
I'm overly protective.
I'm the 'doer without' so my kids can 'do'.
I'm the one that gets hurt emotionally.
I'm also the one that loves unconditionally. 
I'm fiercely loyal to my children.

I don't doubt my husband's list is just a long, and overlaps this list in some areas.   It does take a village to raise a child.  Could I have done things better?  Probably some things, yes.  But our kids are our kids and they were raised to be strong, smart, loving young men.  I'm o.k. with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment