Friday, July 8, 2016

I Have Been Deleted....

....and you know what?  I don't care.

It has taken me years to come to grips that I cannot please everyone.  I was not put on this earth to keep my mouth shut, or to coddle those around me.  I have realized that when someone deletes you, they are the one with the problem.

Yes, I have spoken loudly about deleting a host of people on my social sites after the boys graduated.  Did I?  A few, but not as many as I thought I would.

I was deleted by a family member today. This was the second time in two years that I have been summarily dismissed and told to have a nice life.  The first time was shortly after I spoke out about how our city, and our students, were represented in the media.  Six months later, I was re added...with a host of 'love you's', 'how was the game' and 'you must be so proud' messages.

This time, it stems from not sharing a hard copy of a picture that the person felt they had a right to.  It wasn't my picture to share, and told that person as much.  I was told today that I hold grudges; that I'm mad because they didn't show up to the boys party; and that they are sick of how I treated them.

Anyone that knows me, knows I wear my heart on my sleeve and that I do what I can to please those people around me.  I bend over backwards when it comes to keeping the peace among family and friends.  Yes, I might be loud and in their mind uncouth, but I call it like I see it, and it's taken me years to really not care about what people say.

So why write this down?  It does seem like I hold grudges, and that I do care.

I wrote this down as a reminder to myself that when someone doesn't get their way, it's their fault, not mine.  We don't have to please people 100 percent of the time.  Those that I'm friends with online know what they get with me.  They can keep me in their feed and listen to my ramblings on my blog, check out my pictures, and see my posts about how my favorite word is fuck.  They can keep me as a friend and unfollow me, so they can stalk me when they feel the need to read something I said.  Or they can delete me.  

I promise, I won't be offended, I just don't care. It's ok if you don't want to read my blog, see me post 100 pictures of a weekend away or a football game, post a recipe that I just have to try, or see me tagged in a picture of clown and wonder why I hate them so much. I'll still say hi to you if I see you, or maybe I won't.  I won't know that until the opportunity presents itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment