Friday, June 13, 2014

All Clear

Yesterday was a very trying day.  I started out attending a User Group meeting for work and spent four hours listening to the speaker talk about next iterations of software development.  Some very cool things on the horizon, but I couldn't get it out of my mind that I needed to be at Froedtert at 2:00.

I needed to go back in for another biopsy; this time a stereotactic biopsy.  Ultimately that meant lying on a table face down while I was squished, poked, prodded, cut and pinched over about an hour and half time frame.  I could say it was the single most painful experience of my life.  It wasn't, but it made me extremely uncomfortable, and it hurt.  Plain and simple.

After the biopsy they did yet another mammogram.  This was the fifth in three weeks.   I hadn't anticipated having to go through this when I decided to not cancel my appointment.

After the biopsy, my husband and I took a ride to Mequon to pick up a new used jeep...something he can use to occupy his time.  

After that, and a quick pizza for dinner, we headed to the football meeting where we tried to accomplish something for the Fest and this upcoming season.

Last night was awful.  It was painful to lay on my back and either of my sides, and I tossed and turned most of the night.

Today was extremely busy at work.  It was my interns last day, so I was trying to wrap up his tenure while finishing our company newsletter, created a couple of blasts for next week, and worked on the football team lists.  

The call from Froedtert came in at 10 am this morning and I thought it was just the nurse checking in on me.  That's how the call started.  How do you feel?  Is there swelling?  How about bruising?  Any blood discharge?  My answers:  I'm sore; yes there is swelling; yes there is bruising; yes there is blood.   Then she hit me with we have the results.  I was sick to my stomach and thought the worse.  I thought she was buttering me up.  Then she told me the test was benign and we don't need to see your for six months.  I was beside myself.  I hung up and immediately called my husband.  I felt incredibly relieved.

We had cake this afternoon that took my intern completely by surprise.   I knew we were celebrating him and wishing him well.   I was also celebrating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment