Monday, February 8, 2016

I will


Too much stress isn't good for the mind, attitude and body.  Life is too short to fight negativity.

Over the last five months, I have seen my share of doctors and physical therapists.  I have spent countless nights in pain which resulted in many sleepless nights.  I have dealt with a shoulder and neck injury, migraines and now chest pain.  I have eaten ibuprofen and Tylenol like they are M&Ms.

Stress can cause an injury to take extra time to heal.  It's time to step up and take care of me.

  • I will continue to be there for my family.  Always.  Family first.
  • I will not stress the small stuff.  Be thankful for what we do have and stop worrying about everything else.
  • I will not worry about things that are out of my control.  Ditto.
  • I will go into the office with a good attitude.  Hard to do, but must be done.  My health is more important than a single person's bullshit.
  • I will continue to blog.  It helps me de-stress.
  • I will try to book at least two photo shoots a week from April through September for senior pictures. It's where my passion really lies...don't miss out on great deals!
  • I will write book number two.  I wonder what it will be?
  • I will take better care of myself, and stop ignoring the signs.  Chest pains are no laughing matter, nor is high blood pressure, constant anxiety and sleepless nights.
  • I will delete all the negativity from my social feeds.  If that includes you, and you find yourself deleted, there is a reason for it.
  • I will stop working on vacation.  This is a tough one, but it needs to be done.  There really are no marketing emergencies.
  • I will try to combat procrastination with smile on my face.  Not mine, others.  Your sense of urgency might be different than mine.  
  • I will not be afraid to stand my ground.  I am 45 years old and must not back down.  There is no reason for it.
  • I will not apologize if things I post upset you.  Chances are, they post isn't about you.  And if it is, I probably deleted you already.
  • I will take as many weekends away as possible.  Long weekends might not be a true vacation, but they are very necessary for mental health.  Mine, my husbands, and our kids.
  • I will laugh.  A lot.
  • I will cry.  When warranted.
  • I will kiss my kids and husband always.  Sorry boys, I'm coming for you.
  • I will let them take pictures of me.  I have thousands of pictures of them.  They should have pictures of me.
  • I will continue to make people smile.  It's good for the soul.

Life's to short to say I won't.  Therefore, I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment